I love quesadillas. Such a quick and easy meal to prepare. I often do these on a Saturday with a bowl of soup.
1 medium sweet potato
100g mozzarella, sliced
1/2 teaspoon paprika
2 flour tortillas
- Heat oven to 180C
- Peel sweet potato and cut into small chunks. Boil in a pan of water for around 10-15 minutes. until soft
- Mash the sweet potato, and season with pepper. Mix in the paprika.
- Heat a large frying pan
- Spread the sweet potato mixture over one side of a tortilla, and scatter the mozzarella on top
- Cover with the other tortilla, and cook on the frying pan
- Cook for around 4 minutes each side
- Allow to cool slightly, and slice (I use a pizza cutter!)
These have a lovely mild flavour, which my little one loves. You can always ramp up the flavour by adding more paprika, or a stronger cheese. I just love mozzarella because it’s nice and gooey!