I’ve had some truly awful attempts at making cake pops. Some absolute disasters! On a whim, I decided to use some offcuts of brownies from a recent recipe, and see if it would work. And it DID. I was so surprised, and chuffed to bits! Here’s what I did…
Brownie offcuts (recipe here on how to make a low fat, but super indulgent tasting brownie)
Candy Melts (I used the pink ones)
- Roll brownie off-cuts together and make a ball. The mixture should be easy to work with because the brownie is so fudgy!
- Put the balls on a baking tray lined with baking paper, and put it in the freezer for 1-2 hours
- Remove from freezer
- Insert a cake pop stick about halfway into each cake pop
- Melt Candy Melts in the microwave. 5 discs per cake pop should be fine
- Spread the Candy Melt mixture on each cake pop
- Use a cake pop stand to hold the cake pops steady, or put them in a block of polystyrene
- Allow to set, and then enjoy!